Monday, April 10, 2017

Still waiting...

So at the lab meeting on Friday the 7th, Dr. Birkett unfortunately informed me that the IRB still hasn't approved our revisions so we would not be able to start data collection that Sunday. At that point we anticipated that the revisions would be approved by the next data collection day, Tuesday the 11th. So after the lab meeting was over Ashley quickly trained me and other participating NAU students how to start up and run the PEBL program.


The process of running the digit span test is very short and simple which is fascinating considering all of the data you get back in an organized spreadsheet afterwards. What is even more fascinating is the list of all the different psychological tests that can be taken or administered on PEBL to measure all sorts of mental abilities. I have been excited to finally get started and use PEBL to collect some data to start looking at trends.


However, I was just emailed today by Dr. Birkett that our amendment still hasn't been approved. She already rescheduled the participants for other days. I am crossing my fingers that when the IRB finally looks at our rewritten amendment they will approve it and we can get started as soon as possible. For now, I will start working on my presentation soon and do more research to into similar studies.



No comments:

Post a Comment